The dog days of Summer are officially here and so is our desire to cool off at the Farmer's Market. Don't sleep on this season's best and brightest produce! Yellow peaches this time of year are basically liquid sunshine. We plan to do this golden fruit justice and pay them the highest compliment by mixing them with tequila.
Summer Peach Margarita
- 2 oz Tequila Blanco
- 1 oz orange liqueur such as Cointreau or Grand Marnier
- 2 oz fresh lime-peach nectar*
- Coarse salt
- 1 lime wedge or agave leaf for garnish
1. In a cocktail shaker combine tequila, liqueur and lime-peach nectar. Fill with ice and shake until thoroughly chilled.
2. Fill an old-fashioned glass with fresh ice and strain. Sprinkle with salt, garnish and serve.
Combine the flesh of 2 ripe yellow peaches and 1.5 ounces of fresh lime juice in a blender. Blend and strain into a clean jar.